A Dispatcher, more commonly referred to as a [DS], is a low rank in SCR. Dispatchers play a crucial role in the smooth operation of SCR, as they ensure traffic is consistently flowing as much as possible and all station departures are safe. They can easily be identified by their orange high-visibility jacket, baton and whistle.
Schedules for training sessions can be found here.
To enter a Dispatcher training you must:
- Rank up to Qualified Driver
- Score up to 360 experience
There are currently 2,600+ Dispatchers.
- Upon entering the Main Menu, go to the role selection and click "Staff Member," then click "Dispatcher."
- Select the station you want to dispatch at.
- The game will select platforms for you to dispatch at based on the vacancy. If a station is filled with dispatchers, switch to another station that is less crowded. If a platform(s) is available, then the game will assign the platform(s) for you to dispatch. You may have multiple platforms to dispatch, which can get tricky especially on busy servers.
- Wait for a train to arrive. When a train arrives, make sure to see where the train stops and loads so you can position yourself to the appropriate area to dispatch. You must stand between the rear and middle of the train.
- One example is to make sure you stand at the last 2 cars when dispatching a 4-car train.
- As the "TRTS" (Train Ready To Start) button is available in the GUI, it must be clicked to prepare for the train's departure.
- Look at the OFF indicators found on the platform. These indicators sync with the signals at the front of a platform.
- If the OFF indicator is lit on, it means that there is a single-yellow, double-yellow, or green signal ahead, and you are clear to dispatch the train.
- If the sign is NOT lit up, then the signal ahead is red, and the train cannot be dispatched.
- To dispatch the train, click "Dispatch" on the GUI and keep still until the train leaves the station.
There was once CD/RA indicators at Bodin, however very few people ever got the chance to use them.
A personal word from kieranhendy (Former SCR Dispatcher):
"I got to use it once during my training and I was never given a key again. The indicators were removed when the station was re-designed."
The dispatch process used to be manual and people would constantly ignore dispatchers which prompted the addition of the GUI system which we have in-game today.
- If your train went past a red signal upon arrival and/or SPADed (if a Signaller is controlling the station), you are clear to dispatch the train regardless.
- If there is a train that came after the SPADing train, you must dispatch the SPADing train first.
- You should really dispatch late trains first, no matter the order of the train which entered.
- As of the V1.1 update, Dispatchers now receive 5 points per dispatched train as opposed to the previous 1 point, due to the complaints of some Dispatchers.
You will be always placed to the first dispatch slot unless the spot is taken.
|Stepford Victoria||1||1, 2 3||Terminating Tracks
|2||4, 5, 6|
|Financial Quarter||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
|Stepford Central||1||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9||Terminating Tracks
|2||10, 11||Services to/from Stepford Victoria
|Stepford East||1||1, 2, 3, 4||All Services to/from Stepford Central/Victoria
|Stepford High Street||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
|Whitefield Lido||1||1, 2, 3||Both Direction
Platform 1 - To Whitefield/Stepford UFC
Platform 2, and 3 - To Stepford Central/Victoria
|Stepford United Football Club||1||1, 2, 3, 4||Both Directions
Platform 1 - To Whitefield
Platforms 2, and 3 - Terminating Track (To Stepford Central/Victoria)
Platform 4 - From Whitefield (To Stepford Central/Victoria)
|Woodhead Lane||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
|Houghton Rake||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
|Whitefield||1||1, 2, 3||Westbound
|St. Helen's Bridge||1||3, 4, 5||Both Directions
Platform 4 is a terminating track for services from Edgemead (R004)
Platform 1 - Terminating Track
Platform 2 - Services to Morganstown
|2||3, 4||Westbound & Eastbound (AirLink Only)
Platform 3 - Services to Stepford Central (Connect Only)
Platform 4 - (see AirLink section)
|Angel Pass||1||1, 2, 3||Both Directions
Platform 1 - Eastbound Service
Platforms 2 & 3 - Westbound Service
All Connect 9_xx headcode services does not stop at this station
|2||3, 4, 5||Westbound|
|Benton||1||7A, 7B, 8A, 8B||Eastbound|
|Benton Bridge||1||1, 2||Both Directions
9_xx headcode services to Edgemead does not stop at this station
|Port Benton||1||1, 2, 3||Platform 2 - Connect Terminating Track/Services to Stepford
Platforms 1 & 3 - (see Waterline section)
|Airport Parkway||1||1||Eastbound Service to Airport Central|
|2||2, 3, 4||Platform 2 - Westbound Service to Stepford Central/Victoria
Platforms 3 & 4 - (see AirLink section)
|Airport Central||1||0, 1, 2||Terminating Tracks/Services to Stepford Central/Victoria|
|Leighton Stepford Road||1||1, 2, 3||Platform 1 - Terminating Tracks/Eastbound Services to Stepford Central
Platforms 2 & 3 - Services to Leighton City
|Leighton City||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
|Stepford Central||3||12, 13, 14, 15||Terminating Tracks/Eastbound Services to Airport Central/Terminals|
|Stepford East||2||5, 6, 7, 8||Both Directions
1_xx and some 9_xx headcode services does not stop at this station
|St. Helen's Bridge||2||6, 7||Both Directions
1_xx and some 9_xx headcode services does not stop at this station
|Berrily||2||3, 4||Eastbound & Westbound (Connect Only)
Platform 3 - (see Connect section)
Platform 4 - Eastbound service to Airport Central
|Airport Parkway||2||2, 3, 4||Platform 2 - (see Connect section)Platforms 3 & 4 - Both Directions|
|Airport Central||2||3, 4, 5, 6||Platform 3 - Services to Terminals 1, 2, & 3
Platforms 4 & 5 - Terminating Tracks/Southbound Service to Stepford & Leighton
Platform 6 - Southbound service to Stepford & Leighton
|Airport Terminal 1||1||1||Services to Terminal 2|
|Airport Terminal 2||1||1, 2||Platform 1 - Terminating Track/Southbound Service to Stepford & Leighton
Platform 2 - Southbound service to Stepford & Leighton
|2||3||Northbound Service to Terminal 3|
|Airport Terminal 3||1||1, 2||Terminating Tracks/Southbound Service to Stepford & Leighton|
|Newry||1||2A, 3||Terminating Tracks/Southbound service to Benton|
|2||1, 2B||Services to/from Newry Harbour
Platform 2B - Northbound
Platform 1 - Southbound service to Benton
|West Benton||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
|Benton||3||1A, 1B, 3||Platforms 1A & 1B - Services to Connolly & Greenslade
Platform 3 - Terminating Track/Service to Greenslade
|4||2A, 2B||Northbound services to Newry|
|Port Benton||1||1, 2, 3||Platform 1 - Northbound services to Newry
Platform 2 - (see Connect section)
Platform 3 - Southbound services to Greenslade
|Cambridge Street Parkway||1||1, 2, 3, 4||Both Directions
Platforms 1 & 2 - Services to/from Connolly
Platforms 3 & 4 - Services to/from James Street
|Connolly||1||1, 2, 3||Terminating Tracks/Services to Newry|
|Stepford Airport West||1||1, 2||Both Directions|
- You cannot climb into gantries or jump over tracks to switch from one platform to another.
- Do not dispatch on a red signal.
- You must dispatch between the rear and middle of the car, while positioning yourself to an area where you can clearly see the OFF indicator or signal.
- If you're dispatching a 4-car, you must position yourself at the last 2 cars of the train.
- If you're dispatching a 5-car, you must position yourself between the middle of the 3rd car to the last car of the train.
- If the train has overshot, you are still required to stand between the rear or the middle of the train regardless.
- Track walking and trespassing to other parts of the station is prohibited.
- Do not stand on roofs of stations.
- Do not wander away from your assigned platforms.
- Do not board or ride any trains while being in the dispatcher role.
- Face the direction of where the train is going when dispatching.
- You cannot do any "/e" emotes while dispatching.
- If someone is intimidating you, DO NOT react rudely. (You can see this is the result of the start of a very bitter conversation. This is only one of many examples.)
- Respect people no matter what rank they are as shown from the example on the right who failed to understand this.
- The training button disappears if you are a dispatcher or signaller. If you get demoted to Qualified Driver or below, the training button reappears.
For information on proper dispatching techniques, please take a look at this video posted by the current Head of Platform Operations, Al_Vids:
Official Guide on dispatching in SCR: