The Class 458 is a Connect train. The Class 458/5 was revealed on July 7, 2019 on the Discord server by yrrebRBLX, as well as a sneak peek on his Twitter (yrreb_xela). It was released on July 29, 2019. It costs 1500 points.
On August 1st, 2019, on the Discord server by yrrebRBLX, as well as a sneak peek on his Twitter (yrreb_xela), it was revealed how the 458/0 would look like. The train was released on the 14/5/19.
On August 6th, the train was made next generation, and showed off with the released Class 458/5 in the SCR Discord's #sneak-peeks channel.
On August 14th, the 458/0 was released as part of Patch 22 with a server reboot at 23:00 BST. Those who have bought the /5 variant, get the /0 variant unlocked with no extra cost.
- These are the first Juniper trains in SCR.
- In real life, this train is operated by South Western Railway, but is being replaced by the Class 701 Aventra.
- In real life, the Class 458/0 goes 100 MPH, and Class 458/5 goes 75 MPH.
- This 5-coach version of The Class 458's Southern Region code is 5-JUP, while the 4-coach version's is 4-JOP.
- In Version 1.3.18, the Class 458/5 is at Bodin TrainCare along with Class 707 and Class 360, but it wasn't released with them, as it was delayed.
- The Class 458/5 is the slowest train in all of Stepford County Railway, with a max speed of 75 MPH along with the Class 508 and Class 465.
- The Class 458/5 is more frequently run than the Class 465. This train has much better structures, better decals, and sounds than the Class 465.
- The Houghton Foundry model for both the 458/5 and 458/0 was created specifically for this game.
- The /0 appears to have open windows compared to the 458/5 having no open windows. (This needs to be confirmed.)