The Class 158 is the first train to have interiors and functioning doors. It serves all of the Stepford Connect services except Stepford Victoria to Edgemead route. It also features a brand new livery that is exclusive to the fleet.
The fleet has two variants, Class 158/0 with 3 coaches and Class 158/9 with 2 coaches.
- This is the first Connect train with a 2 coach variant.
- This is the first train to have interiors and moving doors.
- From May 9th to May 10th, this train could be seen on random routes being operated by beta testers.
- In real life, these trains are operated by Abellio ScotRail, Transport for Wales, East Midlands Trains, Great Western Railway, Northern, and South Western Railway
- These are the only Diesel trains to have end gangways.
The role-out of the Class 158 states that SCR is moving to the NEXT GENERATION. Get ready!